Cognitive Hypnotherapy achieves powerful results by combining Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), hypnotherapy and the latest research in neuroscience and positive psychology.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy used to help people with many different types of problems. It works by changing thought patterns and negative behaviours. Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) teaches you strategies to stop negative thinking and habits and help you to replace old thoughts and habits with new more positive ones.
The approach is flexible and custom-designed to enable the client and therapist to work together in order to achieve positive results.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy empowers you with the strategies and skills needed to take back control of your own thoughts, feelings, habits and behaviours.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy provides the strategies to support you to quit smoking easily including:
- Problem-solving strategies
- Changing thinking patterns about smoking
- Education about the quit process
- Identifying trigger and associations
- Working to strengthen motivational cues
- Develope the understanding that the benefits of smoking are an illusion
- Planning new habits and behaviours to replace smoking
- Visualise the benefits of being a non-smoker
- Learn tools and strategies to support you to quit smoking for good
During hypnosis, your mind is more open to positive suggestion. The combination of methods works powerfully to change your thinking patterns and the hypnosis consolidates new thinking patterns and habits to help you achieve your health goals and wellness goals.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy retrains the conscious mind with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Positive Psychology strategies and retrains the unconscious mind via hypnosis.